I work with individuals and families to protect the persons closest to them, the things they have worked hard for throughout their lives, and to ensure that their wishes are carried out in the event of their incapacity or death. Some of the tools used to accomplish these goals are listed below. Depending upon the specifics of your situation, some or all of the following may be appropriate.
- Wills (also known as Final Testaments), including nominating guardians for minor or disabled children
- Financial Powers of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directives (also known as Living Wills), including Organ Donation Planning and the Designation of Medical Health Care Agents
- HIPAA Releases
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
- Special Needs Trusts
- Pet Planning, including Pet Trusts
- Certifications of Trust
- Assignments of Property in Trust
- Deeds (Transferring Real Estate)
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Business Succession Planning
My goal is to help you plan for the unthinkable – incapacity or death. As hard as it is to consider a tragedy, having a comprehensive plan in place will provide you with a level of comfort and peace of mind knowing that if something were to happen to you, your loved ones would be protected and know what to do to carry out your wishes.
If you would like to learn more about how I can help you create a customized estate plan, please contact me today.